Favorite Movie Musicals
Like many kids, I grew up on movie musicals. They were always my favorite things to watch, so here is a list of my top five favorites.
1. Mamma Mia! - I don't know anyone who won't smile when watching this movie. It's light-hearted, fun, and the best thing to spend an afternoon watching. Also, I can't wait for the sequel to come out this summer!
2. Les Miserables - My first introduction to Les Mis was the 2012 movie with Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, and Eddie Redmayne. While some think it's a bit over the top, I absolutely love this adapation of the stage show.
3. Beauty and the Beast - The version with Emma Watson and Dan Stevens absolutely blew my mind! The scale of the production, not to mention the talent displayed is incredible and this has become a firm favorite.
4. The Sound of Music - The movie with Julie Andrews is such a classic, and it's one of the first movie musicals I remember watching. While I don't watch it very often now, it still has a special place in my heart.
5. The Phantom of the Opera - This movie was my first introduction to The Phantom of the Opera and it's absolutely beautiful.