Shows You Should See Before They Close
It's always sad when a show closes on Broadway, and some productions will be closing in the next few months. Here's which ones you should catch before they bid farewell to Broadway.
1. School of Rock - A heartwarming and comedic tale about a guitarist who pretends to be a substitute teacher, and subsequently changes the lives of his students, School of Rock is perfect for kids and adults alike. The Andrew Lloyd Webber score is rocking and it's a pretty much anyone can enjoy it.
2. A Bronx Tale - At the time of posting, A Bronx Tale only has one more performance left on Broadway. But if are in New York, run to the box office tomorrow and see if you can secure a seat to the final performance. It is an incredible show, and I can't say enough good things about it. If you want to know more (especially before it begins its national tour), you can check out my two reviews.
3. The Play That Goes Wrong - This incredibly funny and gut-busting show is sure to leave you in stitches. After seeing this show twice, I can assure you that it is a must see and you'll want to go back again and again.
4. The Boys in the Band - Closing on August 11th, this show shouldn't be missed. The landmark revival has given a new audience the chance to experience the story that is filled with heartbreak and is a reminder of what our society can not become again.
5. Hello, Dolly! - This revival made waves on Broadway when in returned in the spring on 2017. After taking home several awards at the Tonys, it was cemented as one of the best revivals in recent years. If you can see it with either Bette Midler or Donna Murphy before it closes, it is absolutely worth it!