Looking Forwards to New Shows
With so many shows coming to Broadway in the spring, here are the ones that I am especially looking forwards to!
1. Six - My love for this show is well known, having previously seen it in London and seeing the American company in Boston during their run at American Rep. I can't wait to see how it translates to the larger stage of the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, and to see how the performances of the already stellar cast has grown as they've continued performances.
2. Company - You can't really go wrong with Sondheim, especially when you add Patti LuPone and Katrina Lenk into the mix. This gender bent production was incredibly well received across the pond last year, and I'm excited to see in on Broadway, especially with the stellar cast that has been assembled for the New York run.
3. Sing Street - While the off-Broadway run hasn't even finished, this charming Irish musical has already announced a Broadway run. After seeing it at New York Theatre Workshop, I absolutely fell in love. Much of the cast will transfer with the production, and I can't wait to see how it grows with its Broadway run.
4. The Lehman Trilogy - After receiving wide praise for productions in London and at the Park Avenue Armory, this play will make its Broadway bow at the Nederlander Theatre. The last time it was in New York it became almost impossible to get a ticket, and the word of mouth has been nothing but positive, making me look forwards to the Broadway run even more.
5. Hangmen - Another show that has received wide acclaim in London, many feel that its about time Hangmen made its New York debut. It also features a stellar cast, led by Dan Stevens, that are sure to make it a exciting production for many.