Best Ways to See More on Broadway
One of the biggest myths about Broadway, and theater in general is that it is very expensive. However, it doesn't have to be. Here are some of the best ways to see shows for less.
1. BroadwayBox is a website that has discounts for many shows, sometimes up to 50% off. While some of the bigger shows like Hamilton, Come From Away, and Dear Evan Hansen don't have discounts, it will tell you where to buy the best priced tickets.
2. TodayTix is an app that offers heavy discounts on tickets for a large number of shows. Another good thing is that they don't have tickets for just Broadway or Off-Broadway shows. Tickets are also available for shows in Connecticut, Philadelphia, and London.
3. Rush tickets, the cancellation line, and standing room tickets are ways to get into a show for less. While not always reliable, you can have luck in being able to see a show for less. For a complete guide to different show's policies, check out Playbill's article here.
4. Don't have your heart set on sitting in the front row! Often times, orchestra seats are way more expensive than seats in the mezzanine or balcony. If you don't have your heart set on sitting in the orchestra, you can find cheaper tickets on Telecharge or Ticketmaster in other sections.
5. TKTS booths are located all around the city, with one being right in times square. They sell tickets day of the show and open early in the morning, You can use their app to know what shows are available that day or what the wait time will be.
I hope some of this advice is taken into consideration! Remember to think outside the box when it comes to your Broadway tickets.