One of my goals on my Broadway Bucket List has almost been achieved - stepping foot into all 41 Broadway theaters. Now, I just have the Cort Theatre left so it seemed like a good moment to talk about my favorite Broadway theaters.
1. Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre - I've spent the most amount of time here, because I've seen Come From Away many times. It mirrors the Broadhurst, it's neighbor on 44th street, which I'll talk about in a minute. I personally think it's beautiful inside and it feels smaller than it is, allowing you to feel close to what's happening on stage whether you are in the first row of the orchestra or the last row of the mezzanine.
2. Broadhurst Theatre - Directly behind the home of Come From Away is the home of Anastasia. Also beautiful inside, the Broadhurst feels very regal which is very fitting for a show about a lost princess.
3. Hudson Theatre - Now the home of jukebox musical Head Over Heels, the Hudson was recently renovated to become the 41st Broadway theater. With both a dress circle and balcony, the Hudson looks big but feels very intimate, so even in the balcony you have an incredible view of the action.
4. Longacre Theatre - Similarly to the Hudson, the Longacre has a balcony and a mezzanine, making you feel close to the action even if you're higher up.
5. August Wilson Theatre - I've also spent a lot of time at the August Wilson, and I find it to be one of my favorite theaters. While on the larger side, I think it is one of the nicest theaters and love seeing shows here.
6. Belasco Theatre - Right next door to the Hudson, the Belasco is probably the prettiest Broadway theater. With beautiful designs on the ceiling and walls, it will take more than 15 minutes at intermission to take in the beauty.