Shows You Need to See Off-Broadway
The world of off-Broadway is constantly expanding, bringing in new shows every month. Here are some of my pick for must see shows off-Broadway.
1. Puffs, or Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic - For those of you who love Harry Potter, I highly suggest going to see Puffs. It follows the members of the Hufflepuff house during Harry's years at Hogwarts, and tells the story from their point of view, vowing to be third or nothing.
2. Smokey Joe's Cafe - I absolutely adored this revival when I saw it last month. The revue features the rollicking song of Leiber and Stoller, getting better as it goes along. With an all star cast and their heavenly voices, you can't go wrong with a visit to Stage 42 to see it.
3. Jersey Boys - After closing a record breaking run on Broadway, this now classic show moved off-Broadway at New World Stages where it has been running since November 2017. Not only is it a great musical, but the cast is top notch, and you will certainly have an enjoyable night of theater.
4. Girl From The North Country - This show is coming to the Public Theater after a run on London's West End. It's almost sold out, but with buzz of a Broadway transfer in the spring, it's one you won't want to miss when previews start on September 11th.
5. Be More Chill - This off-Broadway sensation caused a frenzy when it began previews at the end of July. With a massive fan base, it has now been propelled to greater heights and will reach Broadway in the spring. If you can stand in the cancellation line or try the lottery, it will be worth it before it becomes to difficult to get tickets for Broadway.