Favorite Long Running Shows
A long running show is often defined as one that has played over 1,000 performances on Broadway. Here are a few that are my personal favorites!
1. This should be no surprise to anyone, but number one on this list is Disney's Newsies! I wrote a post on why this show is one of my favorites which you can check out here. The show ran for just over 1,000 performances and through its time on Broadway it gained a massive fan base that I am proud to be a part of.
2. Since opening in the summer of 2015, Hamilton has played over 1,000 performances and continues to awe audiences on Broadway. In addition, two nationals tour and a sit down production in London have given more audiences the ability to see this innovative and incredible show.
3. Matilda the Musical ran at the Shubert theater for almost 4 years, telling the story of a young girl named Matilda who can do incredible things. I saw this show twice in two weeks and fell in love with the story and the music very quickly.
4. Another long running show I've seen a few times is Kinky Boots! This is one of the best shows on Broadway and recently celebrated their 5 year anniversary! The message of hope and acceptance is something that everyone should hear.
5. Having seen The Phantom of the Opera three times, I could not complete this list without it. Phantom is the longest running Broadway show and with very good reason - Andrew Lloyd Webber's score, the stunning visuals, and brilliant actors create an incredible piece of art night after night.