I think every single theater nerd has those shows that they've been dying to see but unfortunately missed them on Broadway. Here are the ones I wish I could go back in time to see.
1. Spamalot - I adore Sara Ramirez and I love this show. If you haven't seen that amazing Tony Awards performance where she sang "Find Your Grail" while being sick, you must watch it. This show is hilarious and the production of it I have seen, lived up to everything I hoped to get out of the show.
2. Funny Girl - Almost every teenage girl began to know and love "Don't Rain on my Parade" from this show after Lea Michele sang it several times in the six seasons. However before Michele introduced the song to a newer generation, Barbra Streisand had belted out the same number in the Broadway production of Funny Girl. In what was only her second Broadway role to date, Streisand played Fanny Brice for almost two years of the show's run which would last over three years. The show hasn't been revived since and I for one would jump on being able to see the original production.
3. Legally Blonde - I love the music from this show, and I love Christian Borle who was a part of the original cast of this show. It's so much fun and it's one of the best movie to musical adaptions.
4. If/Then - I will admit, I don't have as good a reason for wanting to see this show as the others, but I wish I could have seen it just as much. First of all, who can deny how talented Idina Menzel is?! No one as far as I'm aware. Also one of my favorite actresses, Jenn Colella was in it as well.
5. It's A Bird....It's A Plane....It's Superman - This show was on Broadway back in the 70s and while the above clip is from the Japan production of Prince of Broadway with Ramin Karimloo and Mariand Torres, the music is so catchy and reminds me of some of the best musicals I've ever seen or heard.
6. The Mystery of Edwin Drood - I love Stephanie J. Block. If you have heard any of this music, and hear Block sing, you will know how fantastic it is.
7. The Boy From Oz - Did I mention I loved Stephanie J. Block? Yeah I thought so. She played Liza Minelli in this show and this song, "She Loves to Hear the Music" is absolutely fantastic, as well as showing Block's versatility. Another reason I would have loved to see this show is because of Hugh Jackman! We all know he can sing (especially after he carried most of the 2012 adaption of Les Miserables) and I would have loved to see him and Block on stage together.
8. 9 to 5 - Once again, my love for Stephanie J. Block plays into why I would have loved to see this show. The music is catchy but then it's written by Dolly Parton so I would be surprised if it wasn't. The cast album is also one of my guilty listening pleasures because the vocals are absolutely beautiful.